Tuesday, April 8, 2008

CHICKENS.....




CAN'T HAVE A FARM WITHOUT EM'
To my utter dismay after babying them along,you know, box in the garage...a big mess but they needed a heat lamp...then I moved them outside and they still needed the heat lamp....I bought them all together because i was told that they would get along better if they grew up together so I did as I was told ....I babyed these things along and oh man what a pain but I just knew all my hard work would pay off in the end,,,,, ok so we named them old lady names....and two of them started crowing so I had a little banty rooster who could barely crow but we loved him , then he commited suicide by jumping in the dog pen.....he never made it out poor guy...
then our beloved large hen started crowing and we thought she was missin him turns out she was just late to developing so now.....we have a wholy terror on the farm, he has managed to attack me and my two year old and then another one and half year old. And then my two yr old got in the pen the other day when i turned my back for two minutes and yes he was attacked again....(mind you he only has one leg cuz for what ever reason he is limping) so is he dead you ask? well he should be...but no he is alive and my brat was just fine. I took some pics of him because I will never have another one... My man needs to take him for a walk the problem is the kids are always around.....anyway so now i only have three layers and my two ducks are males so no eggs from those two.....so now back to square one. I need to get another two female ducks and take and baby them along start over basically.... Oh these lessons would be so much easier if I did not have to learn them and someone could just tell me....lol Ro
PS SAME CHICKEN ....GO FIGURE !

No comments: